Monday, March 31 2014, 09:11 AM MDT
Chicken Cordon Bleu
As Aired on March 28, 2014
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
4 chicken breasts
8 pieces swiss cheese
8 pieces thinly sliced deli ham
1/3 cup flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs (can use seasoned bread crumbs)
1 tbsp water
salt and pepper
1. Flatten each chicken breast to about ¼ inch thick.
2. Sprinkle both sides of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
3. Place two pieces of cheese and two pieces of ham onto each chicken. Fold the sides in and roll up the chicken breast. Gently squeeze the breast to hold it together. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
4. Whisk together the egg and water and set aside until ready to use.
5. Dredge the rolled up chicken breast in the flour than dip in the egg. Once the chicken has been dipped in the egg, dredge it through the breadcrumbs and place on a prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked through (165 degree’s).
Serve with your favorite sides and enjoy!