Tuesday, April 1 2014, 05:18 PM MDT
Gourmet BLT Sandwich
As Aired on April 1, 2014
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
8 slices sourdough herbed bread
16 slices hickory smoked bacon
4 large garden rip tomatoes
1 head iceberg lettuce
1 wheel brie cheese (wheel sizes vary, choose according to your needs)
4 slices Swiss cheese
Fresh pesto (about ¼ cup)
Mayonnaise (about ¼ cup)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pan cook bacon until crispy.
2. Transfer bacon to a paper towel lined plate to help absorb excess grease.
3. Divide the pesto between 4 slices of bread. Divide the mayonnaise between the remaining 4 slices of bread.
4. Divide the bacon and tomatoes between 4 slices of bread.
5. Add 2 slices of brie cheese and one slice of Swiss cheese to the remaining 4 slices of bread.
6. Combine the cheese prepared slices of bread with the tomato and bacon prepared slices of bread creating 4 sandwiches.
7. Butter the outside of the bread slices and pan sear to help melt the cheeses and crisp up the bread.
8. Remove from pan and add desired amount of iceberg lettuce to sandwich.
9. Salt and pepper. Enjoy!