As aired on our 4:00p Show
Recipe Courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley
2 pounds sirloin steak cut into 2 inch pieces
2 tbsp Worcester sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp black pepperGravy:
2 cups chopped mushrooms
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 tbsp Worcester sauce
1 tbsp horseradish sauce
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1 cup heavy cream
2 cups beef stock
3 tbsp flour
Salt and freshly cracked pepper to tasteDirections:
1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine the beef, Worcester sauce,
mustard, egg, bread crumbs, onion, garlic, salt and pepper. Pulse until
well combined and the meat is finely chopped.
2. Remove meat and form into 4-6 patties about 1/2 inch thick
3. Heat a heavy saut pan on the stove. Add about 4 tbsp of butter. Pan
fry each steaks for about 4-5 minutes on each side turning only once.
4. Transfer steaks to a preheated 350 degree oven and continue cooking until completely cooked.
5. While steaks are finishing in the oven, add to the saut pan,
mushrooms, onion, Worcester sauce, horseradish sauce, Dijon mustard and
6. Mix the flour with the beef stock and add to the saut pan. Bring to a
boil and cook for about 5 minutes. Gravy should thicken.
7. Serve gravy with Salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and your favorite vegetable.