Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:47 AM MDT
As aired on April 18, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
1 large onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 pound ground chicken, beef, pork, or lamb
1 cup broth (chicken or beef)
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 tsp freshly chopped rosemary
2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
1 cup frozen peas or vegetable mix
2 pounds potatoes, peeled and diced
salt and pepper
1. Place potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and cook until tender.
2. In a large saute pan heat enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the onion and carrot and saute until fragrant.
3. Add the ground meat and throughly cook through.
4. Add the tomato paste, freshly chopped herbs, and broth. Cook for 10 minutes than add the frozen peas or vegetables mix. Stir the mixture together and remove from heat.
5. Drain the potatoes and return them to the pot. Add desired amount of butter and milk and mash the potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
6. Transfer the meat mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish. Spread the mashed potatoes on top. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven until the potatoes are golden (about 35 minutes). Serve and Enjoy!
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)