Tuesday, June 18 2013, 11:47 AM MDT
Barbecue Glazed Chicken Tenders & Oven Fries
As aired on April 19, 2012
Recipe courtesy of the American Heart Association
Prep time: 20 minutes; cook time: 25 minutes
3 medium baking potatoes
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a nonstick cookie sheet with cooking spray.
2) Scrub potatoes (you can peel the potatoes if you don’t like the skin) and cut into 1/8- to 1/4-inch strips. Arrange potatoes evenly in pan.
3) In a cup, combine garlic powder, paprika, and pepper. Sprinkle evenly over potatoes.
4) Bake for 25 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Barbeque Glazed Chicken
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken tenderloins
1/2 cup barbeque sauce (lowest sodium available)
1/2 cup no-sugar added orange marmalade or grape jam/jelly
1) Trim visible fat from chicken and pat dry.
2) Spray skillet or frying pan with cooking spray and turn to medium-high heat. Add chicken to skillet, cook 4 minutes, flip chicken and cook an additional 3-4 minutes until no longer pink.
3) In a small bowl mix barbeque sauce and marmalade/jam/jelly. Microwave covered at 60% power for 40 seconds. Use a spoon to spread sauce evenly over chicken tenders.
Serving tip- cut the chicken into bit-size pieces and serve on whole-wheat tortillas for tangy chicken tacos!
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)