As aired on April 30, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolleywww.cookingwithchefbryan.com
1 fresh pineapple (can use canned if needed)
2 cups of your favorite BBQ sauce
1 pound hamburger
4 green onions, chopped
4 cups cooked rice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Chopped the top and bottom off of the pineapple. Using a sharp knife, cut down the sides of the pineapple to remove the husk. Cut the pineapple in half and then cut each half in half again. Cut down the core to remove and then slice up the remaining prepared pineapple into bite size pieces.
2. Mix 1 cup of the freshly chopped pineapple with the hamburger and green onions. Shape in to approximately 24 meatballs.
3. Heat a large skillet and add just enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the meatballs and pan sear.
4. Pour the BBQ sauce over the meatballs, add the 1 cup additional chopped pineapple to the skillet and mix together with the meatballs and BBQ sauce.
5. Cover and turn the heat down. Continue meatballs for about 20 minutes or until cooked through.
6. Serve the meatballs over a bowl of rice (be sure to spoon some sauce over everything too) and any additional fresh pineapple on the side. Enjoy!
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)