As aired on May 2, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolleywww.cookingwithchefbryan.com
6-8 large ripe tomatoes
2 cup cooked black beans
1 bunch green onion chopped
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup chopped cilantro
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp sugar
2 tsp dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut each tomato into quarters (smaller pieces if large tomatoes) and place in a large bowl.
2. Add the black beans, green onions, grated cheese, and cilantro. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, rice vinegar, sugar, and dijon mustard. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes, toss to coat and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside while preparing the peppered steak.
6-8 thinly sliced steaks (about 1/2 inch or less)
2 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
2 tbsp garlic, finely minced
salt to taste
1. Place the steak on a flat surface and rub with the minced garlic and sprinkle with black pepper.
2. Heat a large skillet and add just enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
3. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pan sear steaks for about 2 minutes on each side. Steaks should be think enough that they cook fast. Remove steaks and let them rest for 5 minutes.
4. Serve pan seared pepper steaks with tomato and black bean salad (recipe above) and enjoy!
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)