Tuesday, June 18 2013, 10:48 AM MDT
Basque Style Chicken
As Aired On May 9, 2012
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
4 chicken breasts
2 pounds tomatoes, diced
1 large bell pepper diced
1 large onion, sliced
2 garlic cloves minced
1 cup rice
2 cups low fat and low sodium chicken stock
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Grill each chicken breast for about 2 minutes on each side. This should be enough time to put some nice color on the breasts.
2. While the chicken is cooking, pour the rice and and chicken stock into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
3. Place the pan seared chicken breasts on top of the rice mixture.
4. Pour in the diced tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, and garlic. Salt and pepper to taste. Cover with aluminum foil
5. Place in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 40 minutes. Check to make sure rice is cooked through. Add any additional stock needed to finish cooking rice and continue cooking until rice is finished.
6. Serve and Enjoy!