I love enchiladas but really dislike rolling each one individually. For this reason, I love making enchilada casseroles which are layered corn tortillas with filling. This is a quick way to enjoy enchiladas without all of the work!
2 pounds lean hamburger
1 large onion, chopped
2 - 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes
3 cups water
2 packages enchilada seasoning mix
2 - 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1 - 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
2 cups chopped lettuce
2 cups chopped cabbage
2 cups prepared salsa
1 avocado, sliced
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degree’s.
2) In a large saute pan add the hamburger and chopped onions. Fully cook the hamburger.
3) Add the diced tomatoes, water and enchilada seasoning mixes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes.
4) Spray a 9x13 baking pan with vegetable spray and spoon one cup of hamburger mixture into the bottom of the pan.
5) Line the pan with corn tortillas tortillas and spoon another cup of hamburger over the tortillas, sprinkle with cheese and continue building layers until the last layer is corn tortillas. Sprinkle with more cheese and place in your preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until cheese has melted and mixture is boiling.
6) Top with sour cream, chopped lettuce and cabbage, avocados and salsa. Enjoy!