- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 can evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 cups pecans pieces
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a large heavy bottom sauce pan, add all of the ingredients and carefully stir to incorporate. Be careful not to “slosh” the mixture up on the sides of the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil while gently stirring. Place your candy thermometer into the candy mixture.
- Once the candy mixture has come to a boil and you’ve place the candy thermometer into the mixture, reduce the heat and continue cooking until the mixture reaches soft ball stage.
- While cooking use a heat proof spatula to gently stir and prevent the pralines from burning.
- Once the pralines reach soft ball stage (about 235 degree’s Fahrenheit) remove from the heat and using a large spoon drop the pralines onto a parchment paper like you would drop cookies.
- Let the pralines cool completely before enjoying!