Here’s a quick dessert idea that using a simple cake mix and can be ready to serve in about an hour.
1 - 20 ounce can of pineapple rings
1 cup brown sugar
1 white cake mix
1 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s.
2) Spray a 9 inch round cake pound with vegetable spray and set aside.
3) Open the pineapple can and drain the juice into a large sauce pan.
4) To the sauce pan add the brown sugar and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 5 minutes or until it is a thick caramel syrup.
5) Arrange as many pineapple in the bottom of the prepared cake pan that will fit.
6) Pour the pineapple caramel mixture into the cake pan, over the pineapple. Set aside
7) Any remaining pineapple, chop it up and add to the cake batter.
8) To make the cake batter, add the cake mix to a large bowl and add the water, vegetable oil, and eggs. Depending on the cake mix, you may need to adjust the water according to the directions.
9) Whisk the cake mix together using a whisk until it is smooth. Pour the cake mix into the prepared cake pan over the pineapple.
10) Place the cake onto a baking sheet and into your oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the cake.
Allow the cake to cool, invert it onto a large platter, serve and enjoy!