These are “real” beef dogs made from ground hamburger. Use any type of cheese to stuff them and create a family and friend favorite for years to come! If wanted, you could grill these bad boys too.
1 pound ground hamburger
1 tbsp steak seasoning
2 cheese sticks (I used sharp cheddar)
1 pound bacon
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s.
2) Mix the hamburger and steak seasoning together.
3) Divide the hamburger into 4 equal portions. If you want to make smaller or more beef dogs, simply adjust the recipe as needed.
4) Slice the sharp cheddar cheese into 1/4 inch slices and cut to resemble french fries. Set aside.
5) Shape each hamburger portion into a hot dog shape and press the prepared cheese sticks into the hamburger and mold back around the cheese into a hot dog shape.
6) Wrap each prepared beef dog in two strips of bacon and place seem side down on a baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with vegetable oil.
7) Place the prepared beef dogs into the oven and bake until fully cooked through.
8) Remove from the oven and serve in your favorite hot dog buns with ketchup, mustard, relish and chips. Enjoy!!