Making delicious Italian food is easy and fun. Try making these calzones with a different filling or create little calzone “bar” and build your own!
- 1 pound Italian mild sausage
- 1 pound ground hamburger
- 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 2 cups prepared marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded parmesan
- Prepared Pizza Dough
- Preheat your oven to 400 degree’s.
- Fully cook the meat and add the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder. If desired, you can add chopped onion, peppers, summer squash…really whatever you would like to.
- Let the cooked meat cool and add the marinara sauce and cheese.
- Roll out about a baseball size amount of dough into a round.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the meat mixture into the center of the prepared dough and fold it over onto itself. Using a folk, seal the edges.
- Brush with a egg wash (1 egg and 2 tbsp water whisked together).
- Place the prepared calzones onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake until golden brown. Serve with warm marinara sauce and enjoy!