Savor the irresistible combination of my Grilled Steak and Pommes Frites recipe. Juicy steaks, expertly seasoned and grilled to perfection, are paired with crispy shoestring fries for a culinary delight. With a total preparation and cooking time of just 40 minutes, this recipe offers a quick and easy way to satisfy your cravings. Elevate your grilling skills and impress your guests with this flavorful dish that balances tender, succulent steak with golden, crispy fries. Complete the meal with a refreshing side salad, making it a truly satisfying and memorable dining experience.
4-6 steaks (your choice of cut)
4 potatoes, cut into shoestring fries
6 cups mixed greens
Seasoning of choice for steak and fries
Oil for frying
1) Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
2) Season your steaks with your desired seasoning. You can use a pre-made steak seasoning or make your own using a combination of salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and any other herbs and spices you prefer. Let the steaks rest for about 20 minutes at room temperature to allow the flavors to penetrate.
3) While the steaks are resting, peel the potatoes and cut them into thin shoestring fries. Alternatively, you can cut them into regular-sized fries if you prefer. Rinse the cut potatoes under cold water to remove excess starch, then pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
4) Heat oil in a deep fryer or a large pot to about 350F (175C). Carefully add the potato fries to the hot oil and fry them until they turn golden brown and crispy, which usually takes about 4-5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon or a fry basket to remove the fries from the oil, allowing any excess oil to drain. Season the fries immediately with your preferred seasoning, such as salt or seasoned salt, while they are still hot.
5) Place the seasoned steaks on the preheated grill. Cook the steaks for about 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, adjusting the cooking time according to your preferred level of doneness. Remember to flip the steaks only once to ensure even cooking. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steaks for accuracy (145F or 63C for medium-rare, 160F or 71C for medium).
6) Once the steaks are cooked to your desired doneness, remove them from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute and the steaks to become tender.
7) While the steaks are resting, prepare a side salad by tossing the mixed greens with your favorite dressing or vinaigrette.
8) Serve the grilled steaks alongside the freshly fried pommes frites and a side salad for a delicious and satisfying meal.