I recently enjoyed lunch at Per Noi Trattoria in Salt Lake City and am thrilled to share two of their recipes with you! Italian cuisine is a favorite of mine and these recipes are some of my favorites. Here is their website if you would like more information www.pernoiristorante.com.
Chicken Marsala: 4 boneless chicken breasts
2 cups flour
4 tbsp butter
1 cup marsala wine
2 cups chopped portobello mushrooms
1/3 cup parsley, freshly chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Fettuccine Alfredo: 1 pkg egg fettuccine noodles
2 cups heavy whipping cream
4-6 garlic cloves, minced and divided
Fresh pesto (recipe below)
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
6 jumbo shrimp, shelled and clean
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh Basil Pesto: 1 large bunch of basil, leaves only
1/2 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1 tbsp minced garlic
Salt and pepper
1) To make the chicken marsala: Heat a large frying pan and add enough cooking oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
2) Flatten the chicken breast to make sure they are all the same thickness.
3) Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper, dredge them in flour and pan fry the chicken until golden brown and fully cooked through.
4) Wipe out the pan and add the butter to the pan and allow it to melt. Add the chopped mushrooms and saute for about 2 minutes.
5) Add the marsala wine, saute it for another minute or two then remove the chicken breast and whisk together to emulsify and thicken the sauce.
6) Put the chicken to a platter and pour the sauce over it. To finish, sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. Enjoy!
7) To make fresh egg fettuccine with creamy basil pesto: Cook the fettuccine noodles as directed, drain and set aside.
8) To make the sauce, heat a large sauté pan and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
9) Add half of the garlic and sauté until fragrant. Pour the cream into the pan and add about a third of a cup of pesto and the shredded parmesan cheese. Bring to boil, reduce the heat by a third while gently stirring.
10) While the sauce is cooking heat a second sauté pan and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the garlic and shrimp, pan fry until the shrimp is fully cooked.
11) Add the prepared shrimp to the cream pesto sauce along with the fettuccine noddles. Stir everything together to combine and let it simmer for an additional minute. Serve and enjoy!
12) To make the fresh basil pasta: To the bowl of your food processor, add the basil leaves, parsley, shredded parmesan cheesed minced garlic.
13) Drizzle enough olive oil to create a “sauce” while the machine is running.
14) Salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!