Healthy and delicious this teriyaki salmon with cauliflower rice is easy to make.
2 tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
1 tbsp water
1 tbsp dry sherry or balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp no-calorie sweetener
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp freshly minced ginger
4-6 oz salmon fillets
1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
1/2 onion, peeled and chopped
1 tsp canola oil
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup freshly chopped cilantro
1 tsp sesame seeds
2 green onions, chopped
1) In an 8x8 baking dish, mix the soy sauce, water, dry sherry/balsamic vinegar, sesame oil, white vinegar, sweetener, mince garlic and ginger. Using a fork, whisk the marinade together and add the salmon fillets.
2) Cover the salmon fillets with foil and marinade in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
3) When ready to cook the salmon, preheat your oven to 450 degree’s. Remove the foil from the salmon and bake the salmon until it is fully cooked. Fish is fully cooked when it flakes easily with a fork.
4) While the salmon is cooking, clean off the leaves from the cauliflower and chop it into pieces. In batches (in the your food processor), process the cauliflower until it resembles course meal.
5) Heat a large saute pan on your stove and add the canola oil. Add the prepared cauliflower and saute until it is soft. Stir in the chopped cilantro, sesame seeds and green onions.
6) Serve the freshly baked salmon with the cauliflower rice and enjoy!