Recipe Courtesy Kasthuri Kateel, Cupcakes by Kasthuri
1 cup 2 tablespoon unsalted organic butter, room temperature
1 cup 2 tablespoon organic unbleached sugar
4 large organic cage-free eggs
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Zest of 1 large Organic Orange
2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoons aluminium-free baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
organic greek yogurt
1 cup organic milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract and
4. In a separate bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
5. With the mixer on low speed, add in greek yogurt followed by the flour mixture and milk
6. Pour into liners and bake for about 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of
the cupcake comes out clean. Cool completely before frosting.
1 cup unsalted organic butter room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
pinch of salt
cold milk depending on consistency.
Cream the butter salt and sugar until fully incorporated and smooth.
Add vanilla extract and cranberry puree and combine well. Add milk to a buttercream
consistency. Then pipe onto cooled cupcakes.
cup fresh organic cranberries
1 slice of ginger
2 tablespoon organic unbleached sugar
zest of 1 orange
1 tablespoon orange juice
Add cranberries and ginger in a saucepan and boil over medium heat for about 10 minutes. When cold
add in orange juice and mix well. Do a reduction if necessary then add orange zest.