(KUTV) Slow cooker pumpkin chili
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 14 ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Heat oil in a large pan or dutch oven over medium high heat. Add oil and saute the onions and peppers, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional minute or so until soft and fragrant.
- Add the ground beef. Use a spatula or large spoon to break it up as it cooks. Cook until meat is brown and cooked through, about ten minutes.
- Transfer the meat mixture to a slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients and stir. Set heat to low and cook 6-8 hours.