Parenting through this anxiety-filled time can be full of challenges, let alone juggling the many roles parents are being asked to do at this time.
Structure is important but nurture is critical. Check-in with your kids about their worries, fears, and concerns.
Tips for parents:
- Structure is important but nurture is critical
- Teach your kids good hygiene and remind them that they are safe and will be taken care of
- BREATHE - give yourself permission to put yourself in time out and nap time
- Don't micromanage your teens. Set expectations and be consistent
- Take a walk and get out of the house every day for a reset
More about Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, RPT-S
Clair is a sought after international speaker, author, and psychotherapist. Clair is the author of Attachment Centered Play Therapy, Play Therapy : Proven Strategies for Childhood Disorders, and My Many Colors of Me Workbook. In addition to being an experienced play therapist and presenter, she frequently appears on local and national media as an expert on children and family issues.