(KUTV) The Make-A-Wish mission is to grant wishes of children with life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy.
THE WISH EXPERIENCE
- HOPE: Wish kids are typically referred at a critical time in their treatment. A wish is a life-affirming gift that helps them fight harder.
- STRENGTH: Studies show that a wish can improve a child's physical and emotional health.
- JOY: A wish reaches far beyond a single event or moment in time, impacting not only Wish kids and their families but also the friends and communities that support them through their medical battle.
VISION TO REACH EVERY ELIGIBLE CHILD
Make-A-Wish Utah grants an average of 3 wishes a week, but..
- Medical incidence rates reflect we are only reaching 52% of the eligible children in Utah.
- More than 150 Utah children are waiting for their wishes to be granted. Stronger fundraising and volunteer support is needed throughout the state; many opportunities are available for individuals, community groups, and businesses.
JERSEY MIKE'S MONTH OF GIVING CAMPAIGN
- This March is Jersey Mike's 6th Annual "Month of Giving" fundraising campaign.
- Three new franchises in the Salt Lake area; Cottonwood Heights, Midvale, Murray
- Make-A-Wish Utah has been selected as the charity of choice.
- Wednesday, March 30th Jersey Mike's "Day of Giving" when 100% of the day's sales - every single dollar - will be donated to Make-A-Wish Utah.
EVENING OF WISHES GALA
Black-Tie Gala, Saturday, April 9th @ The Grand America Hotel
- 5:30 Reception & Silent Auction
- 7:30 Dinner, Entertainment & Live Auction
- 9:00 Music & Dancing
- Presented by the Larry H. & Gail Miller Family Foundation and Cornerstone Show Foundation
- Tickets on sale now - $2,500 per table of 10 or $250 for individual tickets