(KUTV) -- SLCC turns out amazing students as chefs who thrive throughout the country with culinary skills learned at SLCC. Today on Fresh Living Chef Franco Aloia and one SLCC student in the culinary program joined the hosts in the kitchen to whip up a recipe for Pan Seared Salmon.
Pan Seared Salmon Fillet, Soy Glaze and Brown Rice
- 5 oz. Salmon Fillets (skinless)
- 1/2 Tsp. Avocado oil (canola as substitute)
- Kosher Salt, to lightly season fish Ground Black Peppercorns
1. Preheat cast iron skillet or heavy bottom sauté pan over medium heat.
2. On a separate plate, rub 1/2 Tablespoon of oil on each piece of salmon.
3. Season every side of fillet evenly with salt and ground black pepper.
4. After skillet is smoking hot, place the presentation side of the fillets down on the hot skillet and leave until that side has a crispy brown crust.
5. *Note: do not crowd pan, leave a minimum 1 inch of space between each piece.
6. Flip each fillet and brown all of the other sides of each piece.
7. Once each piece is seared, leave in pan on low heat until desired doneness.
For more information go to, SLCC.edu