(KUTV) Salt Lake City - It's summer. That means kids are home 24/7, and parents probably have a lot of questions when it comes to raising a child during the summer months.
Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, RPT-S broke down the top 5 Summertime Parenting Questions on Fresh Living to help parents navigate popular summer issues.
Clair says, "Maintaining some type of consistency even in the summer months is important, especially with young children. Its okay to have a looser structure in summer but there still needs to be expectations and boundaries so kids know what to expect from you and what's expected from them."
Top 5 questions:
- How much screen time should my kids have during the day in summer vacation?
- We have several family trips planned- how can I help my young son to sleep at night?
- My daughter is going away to summer camp for the first time. She is excited and I am scared to death. How can a parent handle being homesick and nervous for their kid?
- My kids keep having major meltdowns when we go to the neighborhood pool. What can I do to help stop this?
- When should my kids go to bed?