Alta View Hospital Expanding Services for Patients in the Southeast Corner of the Salt Lake Valley
After 35 years of serving the community, Intermountain Healthcare’s Alta View Hospital in Sandy is well on its way to completing a campus-wide renovation project, which includes expanded medical services to better serve patients in the southeast corner of the Salt Lake Valley.
The renovation – which includes a major clinic expansion and an updated hospital tower -- has two aims: Greater community access and combining/expanding medical services to meet the needs of Alta View’s patients and their families now and in the future. All hospital and clinic services are still open and available during the renovation project.
Greater community access to medical care and additional quality healthcare services close to home is a major purpose of the renovation of the Alta View campus. The renovation will allow members of the community to get care for the majority of services they need without leaving their neighborhood.
“For people in the communities around the hospital campus, there’s really no need to travel outside of your neighborhood for quality medical care,” said Blair Kent, administrator of Alta View Hospital. “We have a fantastic medical campus right here in our own backyard where the majority of you and your family’s medical needs can be met – from day-to-day health concerns to urgent and emergency care.”
Here are the timeline and services of the expansion:
- Alta View Clinic: Slated to open in early 2018, the four-story, 170,000 square foot clinic will offer these new services: podiatry, endocrinology, diabetes, and family medicine, as well as a new pharmacy, café, and retail optical shop.
- Those services will be in addition to services that are already provided on the Alta View campus: Allergy, cardiology, dermatology, ear/nose/throat, gastroenterology, general surgery, imaging services, InstaCare and KidsCare, internal medicine, lab and phlebotomy, oculoplastics, ophthalmology and optometry, orthopedic surgery, pediatrics, pharmacy, physical medicine and rehabilitation, physical therapy, plastic surgery, pulmonology, senior services, sports medicine, women’s services, and urology.
- Alta View Hospital: The renovated hospital will open in early 2019. The renovation will revitalize the look of the campus and include improvements in technology, patient flow, larger patient rooms, and more.
- A four-story patient tower to house a number of hospital services
- Modern and attractive facility and campus
- Spacious inpatient rooms
- State-of-the-art surgical suites
- Expansion, consolidation and better handoffs
This renovation improves access to a wider range of specialties on the 'new' Alta View campus, and is designed to offer patients the services they need in a one-stop shop format.
Historically, hospital and clinic services were peppered throughout the campus. Now, patients will be able to transition easily from their primary care physician to specialty care and on to services offered in the hospital, like imaging and surgical services.
“The new Alta View can care for the mom with a child who needs pediatric care, but also needs care herself, and provide geriatric care for an aging parent, and we can serve the family who comes into the emergency department with a serious accident,” said Kent.
Mark Moody, regional assistant operations officer of the Intermountain Healthcare Medical Group, added: “We envision a great synergy happening with all our services here – where patients can visit their doctors in their offices and access the hospital for all of their health care.”
Within the next 35 years, the renovation will involve an investment of more than $100 million in the communities in the southeast corner of the Salt Lake Valley.
“In fact, the Alta View campus renovation is the largest current healthcare construction project in the Salt Lake Valley,” said Kent. “This project will help us serve the community for the next 35 years and beyond.”
For more information about the Alta View Hospital campus renovation can be found at www.AltaViewHospital.org