After Prop 2 compromise: 'Cannabis Program Manager' wanted in Utah
The first job related to medical marijuana in Utah has been posted online.
The state of Utah's Department of Agriculture and Food is searching for a "Cannabis Program Manager," who would be the state's expert on "medical cannabis and industrial hemp production, processing, and distribution."
The full-time gig pays between $25.92 - $42.24/hour, according to the job posting.
The candidate must pass a criminal background check
The job listing is asking for numerous requirements, including the following:
- Be the state expert on medical cannabis and industrial hemp production, processing, and distribution
- Lay the foundation of and develop the state industrial hemp and medical cannabis programs
- Provide leadership and serve as a subject matter-expert on cannabis issuess
- Present to the legislature and other organizations on the cannabis programs
- Manage the statewide industrial hemp and medical cannabis programs
- Have the ability to understand, interpret, and implement current Utah industrial hemp and medical cannabis laws, rules, and policies
- Prepare and manage program budgets
- Coordinate and monitor grant applications or state plans
- Review and approve applications for licenses and product registrations
- Develop and oversee the implementation of goals to improve the program
- Understand and apply basic principles and practices of horticulture, agriculture, or the nutritional supplement industry
- Understand and apply principles, theories, and practices of budget management
- Understand and apply principles, theories, and practices of business administration including accounting, human and material resource management in organizations, sales and marketing, economics, and office information and organizing systems
- Have the ability to provide consultation and/or expert advice or testimony
- Understand and apply applicable laws, rules, regulations, and/or policies and procedures
- Have the ability to stay current on medical findings regarding cannabis usage