Central Utah family of six loses their home, pets in devastating house fire

Central Utah family of six loses their home, pets in devastating house fire (Photo: DJ Bolerjack)

(KUTV) -Amanda Gregersen and her five kids are without a home, belongings, a few of their pets after a house fire torched their double-wide mobile home in Marysvale, UT.

Right now members of the community are temporality putting the family of six up in a home that sits on a trailer park.

Since the incident 2News is told that donations of food, clothing, Christmas toys have been coming in by the carloads in order to help this family get back on their feet.

The mother of the family, Amanda told 2News that fire officials don't yet know what expertly sparked the fire.

"I didn't have a fire going I didn't have even a Christmas tree plugged in," Gregersen said.

A GoFundMe me page has been created by the Marysvale community to help the Gregersen family.

2News sat down with the mother, Amanda, and also spoke to members of the Marysvale community about why they are rallying and getting donations for the family.

To hear what both had to say watch the news story above.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending