(KUTV) — A child stopped breathing after becoming tangled in a Cache County home's window blind cord.
Family members discovered the child caught in the cord just before 3:35 p.m. Thursday, according to the Logan Fire Department.
Initial reports to dispatch stated the child wasn't breathing, but while crews were en route to the scene, the child was freed from the cords and CPR was administered.
When authorities arrived less than two minutes after the initial call, the child was crying and breathing.
Logan fire reported "aggressive patient care" was administered at the scene before the child was transported to a local hospital, then being transferred to a Salt Lake City area hospital.
The child's condition has not been provided to media.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission considers corded window coverings to be one of the top five hidden hazards in homes, a press release stated.