(KUTV) -- A family of five has had their property destroyed in fires not once, not twice, but three times. And now they need help.
Tanner Hill and his family first experience a fire when their Recreational Vehicle sparked an electrical fire while they were camping at Utah Lake, they said.
In 2017, after Hills said a truck damaged a nearby powerline, he said their small home again went up in flames do to an electrical issue.
Since then, the Hills have been camping off and on in the Diamond Fork area while they save up for enough money to rebuild their lives a third time.
Tanner Hill said he was devastated when he and his family of five were finally able to return to the campground, only to find all their worldly possessions torched.
The Hills said they went to the Red Cross shelter at Salem Hills High School for help, but with suppression efforts already underway, the shelter was closing.
That’s when they found the Peck family.
"The lady that was there had overheard what was going on and she volunteered herself and her family, they would put us up at their place, to help us," Hill said. “It was really a miracle.”
The Hills have all been contributing to funds to get the family into their own home. Tanner does landscaping and picks up jobs wherever he can. He said his fiancée, Amanda, has also recently earned a new job.
They hope to earn enough money to be in their own apartment by early next October.
The family has a GoFundMe if you’d like to help.