Over $60,000 worth of instruments donated to Salt Lake City middle school
(KUTV) -- Band students at Bryant Middle School in Salt Lake City spent a part of their school day on Tuesday unpacking new instruments.
The institution was awarded a donation of over $60,000 worth of band instruments, according to Jason Olsen, a public information officer with the Salt Lake City School District.
Olsen says Bryant Middle School was selected by The Mr. Holland's Pus Foundation to receive the donation.
The school received the following from the donation:
- 3 Eastman ETB221 trombones
- 1 Fender 0301972006 4-string electric bass
- 1 Dean Edge 6 E6 TBK 6-string electric bass
- 1 Eastman VC80ST 3/4 cello
- 5 Eastman VC80ST 4/4 celli
- 5 Eastman VA80ST 15’' violas
- 10 Eastman VL80ST 4/4 violins
- 1 Eastman EBB231 3/4 concert tuba
- 2 Eastman EAS251 alto saxophones
- 10 Eastman ETR420 trumpets
- 10 Eastman ECL230 clarinets
- 1 Accent Drive LC17515 drum set
- 5 Eastman EFL210 flutes
- 1 Eastman EMB411 baritone horn
- 1 Jupiter JTS700 tenor saxophone
- 1 Eastman VB80ST 3/4 string bass
- 2 boxes of cork grease
- 3 boxes of clarinet reeds
- 3 boxes of alto saxophone reeds
- 6 trombone slide creams
- 1 box of valve oil
- 1 Valentino repair kit
Olsen said the retail value of this donation is worth $60,923 and was made possibly because of funding from StubHub.
The Mr. Holland's Pus Foundation is an organization that donates musical instruments to under-funded music programs