Police tell Park City residents to keep pets indoors after mountain lion sighting
(KUTV) — Park City police warned residents to keep pets inside after a mountain lion was spotted roaming a neighborhood on Thursday night.
The cat was seen in the 1600 block of Lucky John Drive, Park City police said in a Facebook post.
"Please keep your pets indoors or supervised when outdoors," the police department stated.
Anyone who spots the cat was asked to call police at 435-615-5500.
The department also provided precautions to take if a mountain lion is spotted, which included the following:
- Stop. Don't run from the cougar or approach it.
- Maintain eye contact
- Pick up children/pets or keep them very close to you
- Stand up tall — do not crouch or squat down
- Make yourself look bigger by raising and waving your arms or jacket above your head
- Talk firmly in a loud voice. back away slowly, and leave the area
- Fight back if you are attacked and protect your head and neck