St. George inn on bucket list of world's must-visit hotels
(KUTV) A St. George hotel, Inn on the Cliff, has recently been named one of Trivago's top "18 Spectacular Hotels You Must Add To Your Bucket List."
Trivago is an online hotel booking company that caters to people wanting to travel the world.
This extravagant list includes hotels from all around the country, some made completely of ice and others located in some of the most historic, unique and beautiful of places where money can buy a stay.
The Inn on the Cliff Hotel is located on 511 S., Airport Road, just a few miles from the heart of St. George and overlooks the entire city.
"Every time I walk in the door I'm greeted again by the glory, gorgeousness of St. George." Sheryl Goff said, who frequently stays at the hotel when she visits Southern Utah to check on the home she and he husband are currently preparing to move into.
Visitors feel they are "on top of the world" and Goff said every time she comes to the Inn on the Cliff, she's got a front row seat to some of Utah's most beautiful landscape.
General Manager of the hotel, Daniel Rich said the hotel is not for the faint of heart, they call in Inn on the Cliff for a reason.
"They see Pine Valley Mountain; right now it's winter and dusted with a little bit of snow. In contrast you have the red rocks just below it, then the beautiful, historic St. George."
The hotel is family owned and stands in a 30-year-old building that was just newly renovated two years ago. Now Trivago has rated it as number seven of 18 hotels they recommend travelers need to add to their bucket list.
"I've gone through the 18 on that list and I'm humbled that we even make the list," said Rich.
"Inn on the Cliff" was grouped with hotels like:
- Hotel De Glace - Quebec, Canada
- Wynn Hotel - Las Vegas, Nevada
- The Plaza Hotel - Manhattan, New York.
- Post Ranch Inn - California
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge - Orlando, Florida
- Refinery Hotel - Manhattan, New York (Fashion District)
- Inn On The Cliff - St. George, Utah
- Winvian Farm - Litchfield Hills, Connecticut
- Featherbed Railroad Caboose Bed & Breakfast - Clear Lake, California
- Montage Palmetto Bluff - May River, South Carolina
- The Inn of Five Graces - Santa Fe, New Mexico
- The Queen Mary Hotel - Long Beach, California
- Chatham Bars Inn - Cape Cod, Massachusetts
- Salamander Resort - Middleburg, Virginia
- Calistoga Ranch - Napa, California
- Mii amo - Sedona, Arizona
- The Villa Casa Casuarina - Miami, Florida
- Little Palm Island Resort - Florida Keys
Rich said, compared to many of the hotels on the list they are very affordable with prices ranging from $120 to $160 per night, depending on the season.
"We have 27 rooms on our property; each room has its own private balcony that overlooks the city of St. George."
But the view isn't the only aspect of the stay that keeps people coming back. Connected to the hotel is Cliffside Restaurant that serves lunch and dinner with an award-winning chef, Jared Painter.
"That ensures that we have delicious food to go along with the delicious views," said Rich.
After adjusting to the shock of their its on Trivago, Rich says all the work they've been doing the last few years was worth it.
"We feel like we have earned this through what we've established on Inn on the Cliff."
"I congratulate them and honestly I'm not surprised," Goff said.
If you would like to check out the Inn on the Cliff you can go to its website at InnOnTheCliff.com.
To view Trivago's "18 Spectacular Hotels You Must Add To Your Bucket List," click here.
Follow D.J. Bolerjack on Twitter @DJBolerjack for breaking news, updates and more.